Thursday, March 15, 2012

Patches of Pink Design Team and link up Party


This month the Patches Of Pink designers were asked to make something spring themed. I was super excited to see the theme cause spring is one of my favorite seasons. I love Spring! Enjoy sunshine and the warmer weather, opening the doors and letting fresh air in. Spring is normally when my bike riding starts again but I have been able to bike ride since late Jan because its been a really mild late winter. Which I am a little scared to see what summer will be like for us...lol Last year here in Texas it was so bad here, very little rain over spring and then almost every day of summer we had triple digits. We had a bad drought and many wild fires. But this year so far we have done good for spring we have had pretty good rain showers and lake levels are coming back up.
We have had to start mowing the yard, its green and growing like crazy and the roses are already budding with soon to be roses. Soon will be enjoying fresh cut roses again...lol My favorite things to do in spring is get the flower beds cleaned up and fresh mulch put in and get some fresh flowers planted. Last year we planted our first big vegetable garden and it did great during spring but the heat got to it and we did not get alot off of it. So this year I think we are gonna plant a smaller one to see how it does. Our yard has a garden area that is fenced off so it just begs to have something in it...lol But we are not gonna go over board like last year.
Garden last year not long after planted in Spring
So that brings me to what spring theme project I did for Patches of Pink. Since I am was sure we be making lest a small simple garden I made some garden stakes to mark the plants. Thought that was spring like...lol I bought the stakes at Michaels and then did some stamping, Since they will be outside I used stazon ink. And to make it even more weather proof you can seal it with spray sealer. I am not sure how it will do but I figured I give it a try, last year we used paint sticks and a marker...lol I wanted to have something a little nicer.


Now make sure to hop over Patches Of Pink and post your latest spring themed projects for the Patches of Pink Link up party. Love seeing the wonderful projects that everyone links up. Thanks for looking and hope everyone is having a great spring so far.
Supplies
Wood garden stakes from Michaels
Garden twine
Black Stazon ink
Stampology floral boarders stamp set
Hero arts poly clear fanciful swirl alphabet stamp set
unknown butterfly stamp

3 comments:

Heather May Holbrook said...

This is such a cool and unique idea!! I'm going to have to try this for my garden this year, thanks for the tips!
Hugs,
Heather P :)
www.heather-p.blogspot.com/

Sharla said...

Great project Michelle. I hope your garden does well and that this spring brings the moisture needed to help things grow!

Jill said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Love seeing your garden!We just might have to do this for our garden! Thanks for the idea! Smiles, Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...