Thursday, June 16, 2011

Simple card and Criut chirp

Hello happy Thursday! Sorry have not posted any new projects been trying to get some much needed stuff done around my home. Anyway last night I thought I wanted to make a card with only stamps. So I made a template for a card front and cut the template in sections so that I could remove each one and stamp. Then after I do the stamping I put the piece back into place and then remove another piece. Repeat until all done then remove all the sections and you have the big reveal. Its not hard at all. I did use versa mark to define between sections on the bottom, I got a little carried away on the first section of the versa mark...lol And I should have used some different stamps patterns in places. I am not loving the card but hey I am keeping it real not every project crafters make we love, right?

This week has been kinda reassuring for me in crafting terms. I had read a thought provoking post about blogging and it really made me think. One part of it touched on what she called the number game, and she was right. Most blogger's watch there stats and how many follow you, it can consume you. I never fretted over how many followers I have but I will admit I did watch stats...lol After reading this I kinda let that go.
But the funny thing is a few days later I thought well I will pop in and see how many page views there have been. And I was shocked I had 30 people on in a very very short amount of time. And for my little blog that is alot...lol I was wondering what is going on? I looked to see where it was coming from, it was coming from cricut.com message boards. HUM...
Then I go and look at the post I made and I see congrats on Cricut chirp high light. I look at my cricut chirp newsletter and sure enough there is a link to my card under message board high lights. It was my fathers day card I made for my dad with a fishing deer on it. I was so shocked. I was just sharing a fathers day idea, never once when I posting it did I think it was cricut chirp worthy...lol Anyway it was nice to have my card picked not complaining...lol Well off to do the daily chores and have some fresh green beans from our garden to cook. They look yummy. Thanks for looking
Supplies used
Kraft card stock
Versa mark
Celebrate it ribbon
Stickles and white gel pen
Top text stamp-stampendous dream text
Flowers in 1st block-hero arts month of may
Butterflys- by judith (got at Scrapbook shop unknown what the name is)
Flowers 3rd block-stampendous may flowers
Leaves 4th block-hero arts fanciful swirl alphabet
Center branch and bird-hero arts fanciful swirl alphabet
Sentiment-stampendous happy messages

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card:)


Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...