Thursday, May 26, 2011

Father's day card

I bought camping critters about two weeks ago for one reason that is this little deer fishing. I could only pick one cart and I thought you know what I have tons of carts with frilly stuff on it and I need something I can use on guy cards. What I like about this cart is, its cute, funny, and will work for men who love the outdoors or even kids. I knew fathers day was coming up and I wanted to use the fishing deer for his card. He loves fishing and likes to hunt. So tonight I used the cart for the first time and have to say I love it.

How I made this card was I cut the river scene but wanted the river to be a little longer so I hand drew it to the same paper and cut it out. Just extended it a little tiny bit. And then I cut the fishing deer out he was easy to put together, the scene took a little longer. Other than to two die cuts it just some background card stock. Added stickles to the mountains tops and on the fish to try for a fish scale look.

Before I close up this post just wanted to say welcome to all the new followers. Am sure most of you are from link party at Getting Cricky with k Andrews. That was a fun link party, found os many talented crafter's and bloggers. I have lots of blog feed to view now..lol Its great. But no matter how you found my blog glad to have you here.
Thanks for looking!
Patches of Pink

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card!!! :-)

THEBUZYBUG said...

How adorable. Love this card!

bonnie said...

Oh my goodness...this is fabulous...love the scene! Thanks for joining us over at Patches of Pink :) Hugs x

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love that cute little critter, and the scene is PERFECT!!!!! Thanks for linking up with Patches of Pink!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Valerie Scott said...

Very Cute! Thanks for playing with us over at Patches of Pink!

Sarah said...

This card is so cute--love the scenery you've created.

Flair Girl said...

This is just ADORABLE!

I've enjoyed your submission! Thank you for linking up with us at Patches of Pink.

I'm your newest follower and I hope you'll be mine too!

Creative blessings, Brynn
(www.flairandfrillscreativity.blogspot.com)

Debbie H said...

Very cute and clever!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...