Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's day card

Sorry I have not posted any projects lately, I had been working on my craft area. Since we moved in last year...lol yes last year I had been crafting on a 18 x 18 area. It was taken for ever to get anything done. I finally put a small desk in so I have a place to craft. I got it from next door neighbors they had put it out by the curb, I seen it and was thinking huh that make a great little craft desk. Has a pull out keyboard area also which is great double the space but takes up less room. So this was the first project I made on my new desk...lol
This card I made is for my sister is AL. They just got power back on and worrying about going to get cards is the last thing she needs to worry about. There home is still there but they lost some shingles and lost all there food cause of no power for days. But that is minor compared to what some have lost in the storms, my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones or lost there homes. Makes you thankful for the home you have, even if you gripe about it when its cleaning day.
So about the card I made for her, its not to fancy. I wanted to use chipboard letters so I made some using a cereal box and story book cart. I painted them with making memories paint, but I really piled it on. I wanted it to have texture so I kinda just patted it on once I got it how thick I wanted it I took my hair dyer and dried it a little. I also sprayed glimmer mist on and added some time holtz distress ink. I wish the paint had been a little more darker its so light it does not stand out like I would like but this card did not take to long to make at all. And I love this paper it was 1.99 a sheet but I thought it would make perfect mother's day cards. So thanks for looking.

Supplies used
paper SEI chocalat- cherie
Celebrate it ribbon
Story book cart for MOM
Cereal box...lol
Glimmer mist
Making memories paint-rose petal
Hero arts stamps-month of may

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...